Introduction

Hello!

Some of you may already know me from my other blog - Oh Kitchen, What Won't You Do? - but for everyone else, welcome!

My husband (Andrew - co-gardener) suggested that I start a gardening journal to keep track of what we do, what works, what doesn't, harvests, etc. But, although I relish the idea of a clean, well organized notebook with little sketches and reminders, that is not me. I've never been a journal keeper (not even in my teenage girl years), but I am a blogger!

While I have gardened all my life, it is still a relatively new thing to have my own garden. We had a plot last year at the Temple Ambler Community Garden, but due to poor planning and a bunch of other variables I won't mention, it was not nearly as successful as we wanted. Basically, it was a hot mess!

This year we have a different plot at the same garden as well as a raised bed behind our house in Philly and some herb planters. And boy has it been a different story. We planted on time and have kept up with the weekend. Nevertheless, it has been a much more enjoyable experience and I am very excited to share our gardening exploits with you (and keep a good record)!

To start off with, here is what we have planted:


Herbs:
Cilantro
Rosemary
Apple Mint
Golden Sage
French Thyme
Oregano
Basil

Tomatoes (usually one of each):
Sungold
Brandywine
Black Cherry
Cherokee Purple
Sweet Olive
San Marzano
Viva Italiano
Mystery Tomato (got it unlabeled)
Early Girl
Beefeater
Wapsipicon Peach
Amish Paste
Gold Medal

Peppers:
Bell
Jalapeño
Banana

Beans:
Tiger Eye (for drying)
Rattlesnake
Purple Pole

Other Vegetables:
Cheddar Cauliflower
Leeks
Brusselsprouts
Chard (Bright Lights, Rhubarb and Fordhook)

Squash/Cucs:
Butternut
Pottimarron
Mexican Sour Gherkin Cucumbers
Russian Pickling Cucumbers

Exciting, right???

Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am totally jealous of your veggie garden. I have always just grown tomatoes. This year I did a raised bed with 3 early girl plants, eggplant, radishes, peppers, broccoli, beans and romaine. It's only 4x4... I went a little crazy! Can't wait to see all your yummy food!

    ReplyDelete